Excimer-based laser ablation system, ideal for opaque and highly transmissive materials alike.
Utilization of a short pulse width 193nm excimer laser source provides highest peak power for efficient ablation of all materials to produce small particles that can be efficiently transported and ionized by the ICP. The result – higher sensitivity, improved stability and less fractionation.
Higher sensitivity, improved stability, and less fractionation.
- Manufacturing (metals/glass/plastics)
- Fluid Inclusions
- Elemental ratios
- Isotope ratios
- Purity testing
- Material characterization
- Bulk Analysis
- Failure Analysis
- (Bio-) Imaging/Mapping
- Depth Profiling
- Thin films
Ultra rugged and ultra-compact design.
- Wavelength: 193 nm
- Pulse duration: <4 ns pulse width
- Repetition Rate: 1–200 Hz (extendable to 300 Hz)
- Fluence: 15 J/cm2 at the sample surface
- Spot Sizes: 1–150 microns
Application flexibility, high quality and high accuracy results.
- New, Rugged Universal Compact Card (RUCC) with kinematic laser mounting
- Unique beam homogenization for the ultimate in crater profile and definition
- Unmatched high definition viewing
- Optional rotating XYR aperture for square and rectangular ablations
- Flexible Infinitely Variable Aperture (IVA) provides spot size selection in 1 micron increments
- Optional second magnification factor extends the spot size range up to 250 microns
- Optional second MFC for N2 flow control