A market leader in mass spectroscopy automation and sample introduction, Elemental Scientific is recognized internationally for its innovative products. The company is headquartered in Omaha NE, with the photonics R&D and manufacturing division based in Bozeman, MT. The company is privately owned and has a strong history of commitment to its employees and community. Elemental Scientific sells products globally and has offices in several locations worldwide. On the cutting edge in mass spectroscopy technology, the company's products utilize the latest technologies in lasers, optics, electronics and instrumentation.
Sales Engineer – Full-time
Elemental Scientific Lasers (Europe) is hiring a Laser Ablation Sales Engineer. This position is focused primarily on supporting the sales team with technical product information, applications knowledge and customer demonstrations in Europe. The position will also involve direct support to our existing customer base.
- Work with the sales team to prepare high-quality, detailed, written responses to technical sales tenders
- Provide technical information and applications knowledge externally to customers and internally to the sales team
- Provide support via phone and email with a focus on face-to-face support encouraged
- Manage and perform high quality product demonstrations at customer/OEM sites
- Perform installations and conduct user training
- Must be able to meet strict deadlines
- Must be very detail orientated
- Must have strong personal management skills
- Must be able to operate remotely, independently and on multiple projects
- Travel within Europe for up to 50% of schedule
- Occasional travel outside Europe will be required
- Non-travel time will be spent working from home
- Attendance at the European Office in the UK will be regularly required
- Should be able to speak and write in English well, preferably with working knowledge of another European language
- Should have full European driving license
- Should be able to travel freely around Europe and the US
- Ideal candidate will be based within reach to an international airport with easy access to European destinations
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BSc, MSc, or PhD in relevant scientific subject and a background of at least 3 years in ICP-MS/ICP
- Experience in laser ablation
Salary range depending on qualifications and experience (available on application), plus commissions.
To be considered, please send your resume and cover letter in PDF, OpenDocument or Microsoft Word format to Rob Hutchinson at email@example.com.
Software Developer – Full-time
Elemental Scientific is hiring a Software Developer – new graduate or experienced – to help support various software projects within the company. Candidates will be part of a team that develops software to automate scientific instrumentation and introduce market leading software/hardware integrations. Applicants must demonstrate experience in system architectures that integrate desktop software with external hardware. This job is located in Bozeman, MT.
- Manage, develop, implement and maintain methods, operation sequence and processes in the manufacture and fabrication of parts, components, sub-assemblies and/or final assemblies
- Plugin development
- OEM device API integration
- Logical and analytical approach to system integration/evaluation/validation
- Experience with .NET application development
- Object-oriented software development experience in C++, C#, VB, or Java
- High quality GUI design experience
- International travel required although not expected to be frequent
- WPF experience
- Live video and image handling experience
- Device communication experience, such as WCF, serial, USB, TCP/IP
- Experience with regression testing schemes
- Embedded systems experience
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BS or MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a related field
- Previous experience with software control of semiconductor capital equipment, motion control systems, laser systems, or similar manufacturing systems preferred
- Software development experience in semiconductor capital equipment or related field highly preferred
To be considered, please send your resume and cover letter in PDF, OpenDocument or Microsoft Word format to Jay Wilkins at firstname.lastname@example.org.